Outdoor Survival Gear, Skills, SHTF Prepping

5 Words That Clear The TOUGHEST gun jam

SHARE

I received a lot of comments on my email about “3 simple words that fix 90% of Gun Malfunctions & Gun Jams”. Some very sharp readers commented something like this:

“tap, rack, ready to shoot’ won’t clear a double feed”

And they’re correct! That’s why the title of my article stated that the three words would fix 90% of gun jams. The other 10% we’ll deal with today. So, what happens if your gun jams in the middle of a gunfight, and you tap, rack and there’s no bang because the gun is still jammed?

What do you do?

Well, you know you’re dealing with the grandaddy of gun jams — the infamous double feed. Don’t just stand there though, today you’ll discover how to get that gun back in the fight as FAST as possible!

 

Sponsored

Special Forces Secrets To Bring Back Your Male Birthright?

Truth is, you can work out twice as much as guys from previous generations, and get less than half the results. Because you’re the victim of the “feminization” of your male sex hormone.

This special forces expert will show you how to bring back the once proud, lean and rock-hard male body you deserve..

Click here now.

 

Gun Jam

How To Clear a Double Feed

Whenever your gun stops shooting, or it malfunctions in anyway, the first thing you should do is tap, rack, bang. Why?

Well, the tap, rack, bang will clear 90% of gun jams. In other words, all the most common malfunctions will be cleared by tap, rack, bang, so without even looking at the gun you should try and clear it that way. Tap, Rack, Bang is also called “immediate action” because that’s what it should be — your immediate reaction to a gun jam without diagnosing anything.

But if you find that the gun is still jammed, it’s most likely a double feed. Here’s how to clear that.

Step 1: Lock

First thing’s first. It may LOOK like the slide is already locked back because it’s not forward in the position it’s supposed to be. But you need to lock it back completely. That means pushing the slide back and engaging the slide stop lever.

Step 2: Strip

Next, you want to strip the magazine from the gun. This could be as easy as hitting the mag release button on the gun (like you would normally do to reload) or if you have a nasty jam you may have to “rip” it out.

IMPORTANT: if you do not have a fresh magazine to replace this one with, then you need to hold on to this magazine.

Step 3: Rack

Then with the gun empty of a magazine rack the slide at least 3 times, and the gun will likely be cleared of any rounds or empty casings that had jammed it up.

Step 4: Magazine

Then you need to either A.) stick a fresh magazine back in the gun or B.) put the same magazine back in the gun if you don’t have a backup.

Step 5: Rack

Then rack the slide again after inserting the magazine. This chambers a new, live round.

Step 6: Bang? 

Now is the time to assess and decide if you need to get back to shooting again.

It’s that simple. Five words:

Lock
Strip
Rack
Magazine
Rack

Then of course, “Bang” or start shooting again is optional, you’ll have to assess the situation and see if you need to keep sending lead down range. Obviously this takes a little more time than the “tap, rack, bang” method, but if you get a double feed this is how you clear it.

It might one day save your life, so be sure to practice it from time to time. You can use “dummy rounds” during your dryfire practice to set it up, like you see in the picture below.

dummy bullets

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.