Assault rifles have become a particularly controversial topic of late.
One thing about them that cannot be denied is the awesome amount of power and limitless cool features available in these souped-up weapons.
One of our favorite assault rifles is the XM8.
This particularly badass assault rifle comes with some pretty cool options and impressive capabilities.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with this assault rifle, here is some basic information from Wikipedia–
“The XM8 was the U.S. military designation for a lightweight assault rifle system under development by the United States Army from the late 1990s to early 2000s. The rifle is designed by German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K), and shares design and engineering with their G36 rifle. The XM8 design was originally part of the Objective Individual Combat Weapon program (OICW), which was developing a “smart” grenade launcher system with an underslung carbine rifle as a backup weapon. The system was unable to meet performance and weight requirements and eventually canceled. In the aftermath, the two portions of the OICW were separated, resulting in the XM8 and XM29 projects. Although there were high hopes that the XM8 would become the Army’s new standard infantry rifle, the project was put on hold in April 2005, and was formally canceled on October 31, 2005. However, the weapon is now in service with Malaysian special forces and some private military companies.”
For more information on the XM8, click here.
Scroll on for a video review and some awesome test videos of the XM8 assault rifle, as well as the top 10 cool features of this awesome gun.
XM8 Video Review:
XM8 Demonstration Videos:
This video shows you the features of the gun and ends with a accuracy test for “human” target.
This video gives an overview of the basic functions of this rifle.
This video gives you an close view of the gun while firing, showing the recoil of the gun.
10 Cool Features of the XM8 Assault Rifle:
Check out 10 more reasons why this gun is super badass, courtesy of the Ace of Spades HQ.
10. First 1,000 weapons produced will come stamped with wicked-ass Batman logo
9. Thanks to top-secret design enhancement by Gary Gygax, weapon is +4 to-hit against half-orcs and Hill Giants
8. Integral stereophonic audiosystem lets troops march into battle while blasting music of their choice; prototype weapon lets users toggle between Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries, Mancini’s Peter Gunn Theme, and Bonnie Tyler’s Total Eclipse of the Heart
7. Demanding military specs and impressive electronic failsafes make weapon easy to use, even in hands of retards, gaywads and/or spazzmoids
6. Sophisticated Battlefield Management System (BMS) indicates that a target has been eliminated by playing Howard Dean’s “Yeaaaiiihhhh!” war-yip
5. Weapon can be used to open cans; can also be used to open up doors, light armored trucks, and enemies’ chest-cavities
4. Pushing A, B, and C buttons simultaneously allows user to execute a Super Scorpion Kick finishing move
3. It’s fun to note that the weapon which will be killing America’s future enemies survived John Kerry’s efforts to kill it
2. When out of ammunition, weapon may be used as a club– the coolest frigging club in the whole wide world
…and the Number One Cool Things About the New XM8 Assault Rifle…
1. You just know Moby is already going apeshit over this
Want more gun reviews? Check out these articles: